Lipsticks are one of my favourite makeup items, there’s a huge amount of variety and you always feel 10 times better whenever you wear a lovely shade of lippy. I have routed through my lipstick collection (mainly at the bottom of my handbag!) and narrowed it down to my 5 favourites.
- MAC – Brave : This is a beautiful pinky nude shade. I love the consistency of MAC matte lipsticks. They are so easy to apply and feel comfortable on the lips. The staying power is not as good as a liquid lipstick but still very decent for a matte lipstick and can easily be re-applied without looking patchy.
- KOKO – GORG : This is a lovely dark burgundy shade. A beautiful liquid lipstick, which feels similar to a gloss when being applied. It then drys and will not budge. Kylie matte liquid lipsticks have amazing staying power although they can be a little drying on the lips and can’t really be re-applied, so you need to make sure your first application is perfect. ( This was a limited edition purchase. You can find many other shades with the same formula here or a similar shade in a different brand here.)
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – San Paulo : The Nyx Lip Creams have lovely smooth texture when being applied and feel very comfortable on the lips. They are very light and you would easily forget you had applied anything to your lips. The staying power is not as great as the KOKO lipstick but they are more comfortable to wear. Overall NYX lip creams are a must have in everyones makeup stash.
- MAC – Whirl : This particular MAC lippy has made its rounds on the internet. It’s a lovely brown nude shade. It is exactly the same consistency as MAC Brave. A beautiful shade for a night out.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick – Lolita : This lipstick is similar to the NYX lip cream, although the consistency is not as thick. Such a beautiful warm brown toned nude, which is really comfortable to wear. The staying power again is not as good as KOKO but the colour can easily be re-applied.
Swatches left to right: Brave, Gorg, San Paulo, Whirl, Lolita
Have you tried any of the lipsticks above? what are your favourites?
I hope you’re having a lovely day,